Tuesday, September 16, 2008

the apartment

i finally got around to taking some pictures of our apartment for those of you who are far away and haven't seen it. it's a studio and we love it. i think we determined that it is 300 square feet or so (does that sound right?). but the kitchen is a perfect size, we're above a garage and don't share walls with any of our neighbors, and there is tons of light to keep my tons of plants happy.

sorry the panorama is so small, click for a bigger view





yes, we do indeed have a balcony






our kitchen wallpaper has pears on it, and our fruit bowl has apples and grapefruit in it.



some favorite windows and details...

kitchen window

bathroom window

this is an awesome cloissonne bird that my grandpa gave me this summer. he bought it in india for his dad.

this is by far my favorite of all my plants. i like it because it has fleshy leaves and it smells kind of good. andy says i only like it because it's yoshi in plant form, and yoshi is my favorite. either way, it's the cutest.


in case you are wondering, all of our furniture is from ikea, except the tall table and chairs (bed, bath & beyond), and the ottoman (target).

1 comment:

Tom and Juli said...

Your place looks so great! Hopefully I'll get to see it in person someday.